Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #12 - Books, Books, Books



I usually use either the free Kindle app or (on my iTouch) an app called iFlow which is no longer offered through Apple.  I really love the iFlow app since it will scroll automatically meaning that you don’t need to constantly keep swiping across the text to turn the page; however, since it is no longer offered, I can only use it for the classics collection I have.

I decided to try the Free Books app for this thing to see how it compared.  There seems to be a wide variety of titles offered.  I liked to see that there were some unusual inclusions – like famous speeches – and some titles offered in foreign languages.  The ease of use seemed okay … fairly standard.  I’m not, personally, a large user of ebooks … I prefer print both for the sake of my eyes and because I read so quickly that constantly waiting for pages to turn as I swipe (especially on a smaller device) gives me an odd disjointed feeling for the fiction books that I read that way.  I would use this app to catch up on my classics while traveling, but probably not for anything else.  Not a reflection on the app, just my reading habits.

No comments: