Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #21 - Free-for-all



Zombies, Run! 


Like some of the other participant blogs I’ve looked at, I’m using My Fitness Pal to track calories and try to lose weight.  It’s a great app; however, it’s nuts and bolts of weight loss.  Zombies, Run! is what motivates me to exercise.  EVERY DAY!!!  And, I really am not fond of exercising.  It is developed for runners, but can also be used by walkers, on a treadmill, or (as I use it) on an exercise bike.  Each mission is part audiobook, part your own music playlist, and part low level computer game.  You start the first mission in the middle of the zombie apocalypse as the helicopter you are riding in is shot down in the middle of hostile zombie territory … run!!!!!  It is surprisingly motivating to get moving when you hear the voice say “zombies, 10 meters behind you” and the sound effects of moaning and heavy breathing kick in.  Plus, I love the character of Sam, the radio operator who guides you through the zombie infested English countryside.


This is a paid app - how much depends on the mission pack that you get.
Some screen captures from the game -on the left is the base builder, on the right is run highlights screen

No comments: