Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile THings - Thing #14 - Videos



I hadn’t heard of Vine, but decided to try it since the 23 Things organizers recommended it as hot and the videos are short.  Hmm … finding it on the iTunes app store was a little confusing since there were so many related choices; I actually ended up following the Wikipedia link  to get to the correct app.

Vine seems easy to use with one caveat – it can be a little challenging to hold an iPad motionless to get a better video while still touching the screen to record.  (And, as you can see, I should have held the iPad in a different orientation since I didn't find a way to rotate it later).  My only other challenge was that the star of my short video (okay, my cat) was feeling like a bit of a diva and didn’t want to perform on command. 



I looked briefly through some of the editor picks and was surprised at how many were of people doing something that they had obviously set up in advance.  I guess that I had expected more animal or natural shots or spontaneous action … perhaps it was just the selection that I viewed. 

I could see using this as a booktalking tool in a library setting.  It might be easier to record with two people though – one to do the talk and the other to handle the device and record.

No comments: