Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #13 - Presentations



I hadn’t used any of these suggested apps and decided to try Haiku Deck.  It was very easy to use – making the sample deck was slick (one of the better introductions on how to use a program that I’ve seen).   When I tried making another deck on my own, I only needed to use the help on one item (and the help actually told me what I wanted to know on the first answer screen).  One caution – the app currently only lets you build decks on an iPad – the smaller mobile app will access already completed decks. 

Here's a sample deck that I put together as a quick tourist guide to the town where I live:

Ely Visit - Created with Haiku Deck, presentation software that inspires

I can see this being a very useful tool in the library.  It would be particularly good as a quick way to make tutorials for people on commonly asked questions – which could then be posted to our website or used as part of a class.  I may even use it for the “forensic library skills” course that we are offering to elementary students this summer since using a screen tends to get kids attention quicker than just explaining something out loud.

No comments: