Monday, June 2, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #15 - Infographics



I’ve seen a lot of infographics in the past couple of years.  I can’t decide whether I like the trend or not, but I have to admit that the simple graphics often get me to stop and look at the information.  I guess that means they are successful in conveying the information.

 I wanted to actually try to make an infographic, so I tried using I Visual Info Touch Lite for this thing.  I did watch the YouTube introduction first.  The app program was very easy to use (the hardest part was deciding what to make an infographic about).  I thought that the collection of images other than shapes was odd in this free version.  If I end up using this app regularly, I will probably upgrade to the paid version just to get a wider variety of images.  (I can’t see myself using the guns in any library related material, but it would be nice to have a larger variety of animals and other icons to use).  

These numbers aren't accurate since I was making this at home with no access to library stats

I can see that my library board and city council would be very happy to have information presented to them in this manner.  Several often ask me for charts for statistics or flowcharts for procedures to help them understand things; this would be one more way to give a visual along with the written information for those who process material in that way.

No comments: