Tuesday, May 27, 2014

23 Mobile Things - Thing #4 - Keeping Up



Zite sounded more interesting to me but when I read the reviews, I saw it had recently been purchased by Flipboard … so, I tried Flipboard.  I was surprised to find that I liked it … a lot!  I had a great time putting articles into files for later, and I think that this might be one of my new favorite time wasters.  I can see adding items in as I come across them (like those interesting shared articles my Facebook friends post) and then viewing them when I have a few minutes of down time will keep me busy (and feeling more productive) in the future.  Also, it was nice that their daily recommendations included a mix of topics; I also liked exploring some of the recommended magazines – both created by professionals and the mixes put together by other users.  I think that I may cut down on the number of Twitter accounts that I follow if they are also available with Flipboard - some of the Twitter accounts seem to mostly post links to articles and I would rather have them available in this sort of a format than on Twitter (where I only want to see a photo or a quick comment).

No comments: